Hoi An wins 2013 Asian townscape awards
Hoi An old
The award ceremony is scheduled for November 20 in Japan to highlight and honour significant efforts made by Asian cities for the improvement, revitalisation and creation of a beautiful and harmonious townscape that is safe, sustainable and with respect to history and local culture.
Earlier this month, the world’s premier travel magazine Conde Nast Traveller named Hoi An as the second best city for tourists in Asia after Kyoto, Japan.
This year, the US online news site Huffington Post listed Hoi An as one of seven must-visit places in Vietnam, calling it as a hidden gem.
Hoi An was recognised as a world cultural heritage site by UNESCO in 1999. The ancient town is an exceptionally well-preserved example of a Southeast Asian trading port dating from the 15th-19th century.
Most of the buildings in the town are aligned along narrow lanes. They include many pagodas, temples and meeting houses related to the development of a port community.
- Hoi An is listed among 10 best tourism cities in Asia
- Hoi An revives silk weaving with new centre
- Hoi An tourists explore farming in Cam Chau
- Hoi An one of Asia Top cities
- Hoi An voted as scenic city of 2013 in Asia
- Hoi An City attracts 1.3 million tourist arrivals
- Hoi An organizes various activities to celebrate Cultural Heritage Day
- Caravan tours connecting heritages to be organised in Quang Nam
- Conference on establishment of tourist supporting centres