US$75,000 valued prizes for landscape planning contest along Han River
Han River (Source: danang.gov.vn)
The international contest is hosted by Viet Nam Association of Architects and organized by Da Nang Department of Construction in collaboration with Viet Nam National Institute of Architecture. According to HCM City’s Law Newspaper, the contest aims to search for comprehensive ideas to develop the landscape along two banks of Han River and solutions on landscape design for the city center, in order to create a new image for Han River, promote the brand of Da Nang City as well as to develop the core values of a city, including the integration with nature, environment-friendly, high-quality life, diverse in culture and economy, etc.
With the total prize value of US$75,000, Da Nang hopes to attract a large number of domestic and international firms, organizations and individuals to join this contest.
The deadline to submit entries is Aug 15. After that, the public will be encouraged to vote online for their favorite ideas. The awards ceremony is planned to be held on Oct 30.
Another design contest for a new tunnel under Han River has also been approved recently by Da Nang authorities and will be launched soon.
- Da Nang has best resort spa in Asia
- Conference on establishment of tourist supporting centres
- Da Nang to host Vietnam-India friendship festival
- Chinese tourists to arrive in droves in Danang at Tet
- Da Nang welcomes over 3.1 million tourists
- Central region fine arts exhibition opens in Da Nang
- 1,000 year-old Cham tower unearthed in Da Nang