Da Nang welcomes over 3.1 million tourists
According to the municipal Department of Culture, Sports and Tourism, of the arrivals, the number of foreign visitors reached more than 743,000, up 17.8 percent from the same previous last year.
The city has earned 7.784 trillion VND (365.9 million USD) from tourism services so far this year, a rise of 29.8 percent year-on-year.
My Khe beach
In the period, 92 cruise ships anchored at Tien Sa port, bringing 102,465 visitors to the city, a 91 percent surge compared to 2012’s figure.
The city is implementing programmes to attract more tourists from foreign markets through direct air routes between Vietnam and Thailand, Japan and the Republic of Korea, and from nations along the East-West Economic Corridor.
It also focuses on the development of inland waterway tourism, offering a new tourist product.
- Da Nang has best resort spa in Asia
- US$75,000 valued prizes for landscape planning contest along Han River
- Conference on establishment of tourist supporting centres
- Da Nang to host Vietnam-India friendship festival
- Chinese tourists to arrive in droves in Danang at Tet
- Central region fine arts exhibition opens in Da Nang
- 1,000 year-old Cham tower unearthed in Da Nang